It’s that time of year again. Thanksgiving. Time to crowd around a table and eat turkey until your pants scream for you to stop.
This time last year, I was packing for a road trip from Baltimore, MD to Camp Lejeune, NC to visit my Marine. He was unable to drive home to Baltimore for Thanksgiving because his truck had been involved in a accident week prior and was awaiting repair.
This will be my Marine’s first Thanksgiving home with family in five years because he was either on deployment or on base at Lejeune, so this Thanksgiving is special to me because it is the first of many I’ll be spending with my extended family and my Marine.
This Thanksgiving I am thankful for:
- My brother and my father for sticking beside me through my entire life
- My Marine’s parents for raising the man I love
- My friends for being the best friends I know
- My freedom to maintain and write on this blog without government censorship
- Every member of the Armed Forces because it’s those men and women who assure we will maintain our freedoms in this country
What are you thankful for?